The following represents Lisle Bible Church’s Statement of Faith.
The Bible is inspired by God in every word, completely without error in the original writings, and is the supreme and final authority in faith and life.
God, who is majestic yet personal, is one in essence but eternally exists in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Jesus Christ, as true God and perfect man, offered Himself as a sinless, substitutionary sacrifice for a lost human race and was physically resurrected from the dead to show that His redeeming work was perfectly accomplished.
The Holy Spirit as the third personal of the Trinity, is God’s agent today in glorifying Christ, convicting unbelievers, producing new life, and permanently indwelling believers and transforming them into the image of Jesus Christ.
Man was originally created by God as His image yet rebelled against Him, resulting in a state of spiritual separation from God.
Salvation is entirely a free gift of God’s grace, acquired through personal trust in Christ’s redemptive work, and it becomes an eternal possession of all who are truly born again by the Holy Spirit through faith.
The Church, as a universal organism composed of all who are united by faith to Christ in its local, organized expression, is God’s primary means of accomplishing His purposes in the world today.
The Future will entail a pre-tribulational and pre-millennial pattern of events as it embraces God’s purposes for the Church, Israel, and the nations.
Each member of Lisle Bible Church is committed to the following Values:
- To glorify God through evangelism because people matter to Him.
- To glorify God by being faithful to His Word.
- To glorify God through prayer.
- To glorify God through excellence in ministry.
- To glorify God through Christian unity and the spiritual growth of the Church.
- To glorify God through complete commitment to Him.
- To glorify God through accountability to one another.
- To glorify God through acknowledging Christ as head of the body.
- To glorify God through being a servant.
- To glorify God through the support of the Pastor, staff, and leaders of the church.
- To glorify God through the interaction and body life of believers.
- To glorify God through the stewarding of resources, materials, and people.
- To glorify God through community service efforts.