Salvation2 Corinthians 6:2 New Living Translation (NLT) For God says, “At just the right time, I heard you. On the day of salvation, I helped you.” Indeed, the “right time” is now. Today is the day of salvation. Reach Out to Us!
What does it mean to be saved?
We have all walked a life unworthy of God. No one is exempt from this truth. We have thought, said, and done bad things that is sin according to God. In the book of Romans chapter 3 verse 23 it reads “All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. That would include everyone. The problem is we cannot do anything that would be enough to earn salvation. We are saved by God’s grace when we have faith in His Son, Jesus Christ. All you must do is believe you are a sinner, that Christ died for your sins, and ask His forgiveness. Then realize your way of thinking is wrong and His way is right, which we call repentance or as some would say to turn away from your sins. Really you are accepting your way of thinking is wrong and has not worked for you. Nothing you have done is new to Jesus. He knows everything about you and still loves you and longs for you to accept that love.
The good news is that no matter how bad you believe your life is, Jesus has taken care of it. Jesus died in our place so we could be reconciled with God and be with Him forever. A few more scriptures for you:
Romans 5:8 God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
John 14:6 Jesus said, I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but though me.
Romans 10:8-13; And that message is the very message about faith that we preach: If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved. As the Scriptures tell us, “Anyone who trusts in him will never be disgraced.” Jew and Gentile are the same in this respect. They have the same Lord, who gives generously to all who call on him. For “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
Being saved means you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord and now become a part of His family, reconciled to God. You have a clean slate, your sins have been forgiven by you accepting the gift of salvation that comes through Jesus Christ. If you are sincere then pray the prayer listed below.
Did you say that prayer? Welcome to the family!
We are so excited that you are now a part of the our family! Most want to know what now? Here are just a few things to get you walking forward. We are here for you so please reach out to us we would love to hear your testimony!
- First tell someone and keep on telling your testimony will inspire someone else.
- Begin reading your bible. Where do you begin? Begin in one of the four gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke or John. The book of John is maybe a very good place to start because he expresses the love of God in Jesus Christ.
- Find a bible believing church. Attending church is a necessity. The scriptures say not to forsake the gathering together. We need each other and we need spiritual nourishment.
- Pray everyday. The scriptures tell us to always be prayerfully minded and another place says to pray without ceasing.
- Get baptized. They believed and they were baptized. Jesus was baptized.
- Get plugged in by giving your time, joining a group, there are so many ways to fellowship with other believers.
God, I come to you knowing I am a sinner and I ask for your forgiveness. I believe Jesus Christ is Your Son. I believe that He was crucified on the cross for my sin, was buried and that you raised Him to life. Jesus I ask you to be my Lord and Savior. I pray this in the name of Jesus. Amen.