What We BelieveTo Know God and Make Him Known
Our Statement of Faith
The Bible is inspired by God in every word, completely without error in the original writings, and is the supreme and final authority in faith and life.
God, who is majestic yet personal, is one in essence but eternally exists in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Jesus Christ, as true God and perfect man, offered Himself as a sinless, substitutionary sacrifice for a lost human race and was physically resurrected from the dead to show that His redeeming work was perfectly accomplished.
The Holy Spirit as the third personal of the Trinity, is God’s agent today in glorifying Christ, convicting unbelievers, producing new life, and permanently indwelling believers and transforming them into the image of Jesus Christ.
Man was originally created by God as His image yet rebelled against Him, resulting in a state of spiritual separation from God.
Salvation is entirely a free gift of God’s grace, acquired through personal trust in Christ’s redemptive work, and it becomes an eternal possession of all who are truly born again by the Holy Spirit through faith.
The Church, as a universal organism composed of all who are united by faith to Christ in its local, organized expression, is God’s primary means of accomplishing His purposes in the world today.
The Future will entail a pre-tribulational and pre-millennial pattern of events as it embraces God’s purposes for the Church, Israel, and the nations.
Each member of Lisle Bible Church is committed to the following Values:
- To glorify God through evangelism because people matter to Him.
- To glorify God by being faithful to His Word.
- To glorify God through prayer.
- To glorify God through excellence in ministry.
- To glorify God through Christian unity and the spiritual growth of the Church.
- To glorify God through complete commitment to Him.
- To glorify God through accountability to one another.
- To glorify God through acknowledging Christ as head of the body.
- To glorify God through being a servant.
- To glorify God through the support of the Pastor, staff, and leaders of the church.
- To glorify God through the interaction and body life of believers.
- To glorify God through the stewarding of resources, materials, and people.
- To glorify God through community service efforts.
The purpose of this church is the salvation of souls, the edification of Christians through the teaching of God’s word, the worldwide proclamation of God’s saving grace expressed in the shed blood and finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ on Calvary, the promotion of Godly worship, the defense of “The Faith Once Delivered”, and cooperation with Christian activity functioning in harmony with God’s Holy Word, The Bible, until he comes.
Live in harmony with each other. Don’t be too proud to enjoy the company of ordinary people. And don’t think you know it all! Never pay back evil with more evil. Do things in such a way that everyone can see you are honorable. Do all that you can to live in peace with everyone.
And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.
If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Meet Our Pastor
Pastor Steve Barack
Pastor Steve & Kim Barack
Pastor Steve Barack
Teaching on Nehemiah – Restoration